Thursday, August 16, 2012

New Ace Doubles Added

When I was in Edmonton on the weekend happened upon a bookstore on Whyte Avenue that was selling a bunch of these. It had been a pretty expensive weekend already so I only picked up two.

I usually stick to a rule of $5.00 each but in this case I made an exception and paid $11.00! I really like the cover on this one. Nothing like the damsel in distress and it has all the imaginings of a sci-fi book published in 1960. The spaceship, the futuristic city and the weird space helmet with an antenna on the top. The image of the green woman in the background is pretty cool too.

The reverse side is "The Secret Martians". The male astronaut seems to be helping the woman astronaut figure out how to navigate a bridge over a sea of lava. Perhaps its her first time out in her new space suit.

The other one I bought for $5.00 mainly because of the title "The Ship That Sailed The Time Stream". The person who was selling these had made notes on a sticky note and stuck them to the covers. Apparently this story was nominated for a Nebula award. The reverse side of it is called "Stranger Than You Think" and is a collection of related stories published in various magazines between 1959 and 1964 by G.C Edmondson.





Check out my "Ace Doubles" page on the blog to see my full collection. If you have any of these or know of anyone looking to get rid of some please drop me a line.

No comments:

Post a Comment